|Oh yes, that’s definitely sugar that you see on top! I just couldn’t help myself…|
Prep Time: 15 minutes Bake Time: 18-20 minutes
1/2 cup pumpkin (I used canned)
1/4 cup peas (steamed and mashed)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil (or you could substitute with applesauce)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease your muffin tins (I used a tin with 2.5 inch muffin cups for 12 muffins).
2. In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, peas, egg, vanilla, cooking oil, and milk. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice. Make a well in the center of the mixture
4. Slowly add the egg mixture to the flour, and stir until just combined (do not over-stir).
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups, fill each cup about 2/3 full, and bake them for about 18 to 20 minutes. Once finished, let them cool for 5 minutes before removing and enjoying! 🙂
What are some creative ways you’ve used to get your kiddos to eat their vegetables? Also, let me know if you tried these and what your thoughts are! I’d love to hear from you!